Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Studying for Math

Today after school I was helping a couple of students.  The boy I was helping was saying that he enjoyed all the cutting and coloring we've been doing lately (I have only supplemented foldables with "regular" notes, and so the first few days have been lots of charts and foldables).  I told him that the next few days we will be back to "regular" notes and the girl next to me said she was disappointed.  She told me that she really likes the colored foldable notes and that before she never knew how to or that she could study for math.  She said that now, she knows how to study for math! 

What an absolutely amazing thing to hear from a student!  It makes all the hard work worthwhile to hear that, especially when so many students say they can't study for math.  

No comments:

Post a Comment