Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Last Couple Weeks

So I have been offered 2 more jobs since my first offer. I turned the second one down, and the third and final one was at Burnt Hills High School....my dream job. Obviously, I accepted that job and turned down the first offer. I will be teaching in my alma mater, something I have wanted to do for as long as I can remember. It's going to be a little strange to call my former teachers, now colleagues, by their first names, but I will get used to it. It looks like I will have two days of work in the middle of August and then I'll start working the week before Labor Day. I can't wait to find out what my schedule is like, which classes I'll be teaching and if I have my own classroom. I want to start mapping out my curriculum for the year and find out what textbooks I'll be using, etc. etc.

I feel so lucky to have been offered this opportunity, but do feel guilty that I declined two other offers since they came first. However, I guess this is what comes from being in a marketable position and going to Teachers College. My excessively expensive degree paid off and landed me a great job.

In other, non-teaching related news, I am finishing my last class right now. It's a workshop on Instructional Models for gifted ed. Also, moving out of my NJ apartment early early Friday morning. It's a little bittersweet for me. I didn't really enjoy living down here, but I regret not taking more advantage of NYC. I never did anything while I was here except for the one week that John was visiting me. I just have such a bad taste in my mouth from doing things by myself after England, so I just didn't do anything. It's a shame, but there's really nothing I can do about it now. And I can always come back to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment